Google’s Data Cloud Summit took place May 26th, 18PT. The summit is home to their big data products and offerings, that aim to help customers succeed in data driven businesses. Here is a summary of news and announcements:
- Dataplex, an intelligent data fabric. The product allows management of data across multiple sources, including data lakes, data warehouses and data marts for the goal of centralizing management and governance. From there, Dataplex allows to make data available for analytics and data science.
- Datastream, a server-less change data capture (CDC) and replication service. The service allows to syncronize datasets across multiple systems by transferring changes alone, thus reducing the amount of data transferred and increasing performance and reliability.
- Announcement of Analytics Hub, a fully-managed service built on BigQuery. The service aims to provide an open ecosystem for sharing and exchanging data across organisations at scale. Part of the offering will be controls and monitoring over data usage and sharing. The hub will offer self service and monetization for data owners, while reducing the need to operate infrastructure for data owners.
- Dataflow Prime, a no-ops, serverless data processing platform. Dataflow Prime is a managed offering of Apache Beam based data processing pipelines. The product will autoscale infrastructure.
- Cloud Spanner will allow more flexible and granular instance sizing
- Key Visualizer, an interactive monitoring tool to analyze usage patterns in Cloud Spanner
- Cloud Bigtable lifts SLA to 99.999% and introduces new security features. Security features are namely customer managed encryption keys (Googles acronym CMEK) and audit logs. Alongside with SLAs, the product now aims at compliance with regulated industries.
- Sessions are available on demand.
Join us to learn how leading companies are powering innovation with our data solutions. Attend sessions, demos, and live Q&As to discover how data can help you make smarter business decisions and solve your organization’s most complex challenges.Google Data Cloud Summit
Source: Home – Data Cloud Summit